Recommended Reading This Week
Here are our top picks for what’s buzzing on the web this week….
- How to Friend Mom, Dad, and the Boss on Facebook…Safely
From Read Write Web: Oh no! Your mom just joined Facebook and what’s even worse, she wants to be your friend. More and more people are finding themselves in this situation today and unsure of what to do. Friending mom and dad, the boss, or other work colleagues opens up…
- Who’s Online and What Are They Doing There?
From ReadWriteWeb: Highlights from Pew’s recent “Generations Online” report.
- GTD Toolbox: 100+ Resources for Getting Things Done
From Mashable: Getting Things Done, also abbreviated as GTD, is a popular time management productivity method created by David Allen. The method is just as popular today as it was back in 2007 when we ran our GTD Ninja post featuring more than 50 apps to help you be more…
- 20+ Great Twitter Tools for Firefox
Whether you want to have a full Twitter client inside of your browser, or just the ability to share parts of a site, a whole Web page or just the URL of the site you are reading, there is a tool for you. Take a look through these 20+ tools…
- 9 Tips To Pitch Your Blog Successfully
From Daily Blog Tips: Insights on how to pitch your blog successfully to media outlets.
- Grow Your Blog Readership with Twitter High and TweetLater
How to manage your Twittering to grow your blog readership using Tweetlater, a tool that lets you schedule your tweets for a later time.
- How To Get Killer Testimonials For Your Blog
From Corporatedollar.org: Testimonials are one of the most powerful ways to get people to click your “buy now” or “donate now” button – classic social proof. Finding two or three powerful testimonials takes very little effort. In fact, you’ll be surprised at how happy people will be to provide them.
- Did You Graduate From Link Building High School Yet?
From Hubspot: A review of 4 Levels of Link Building expertise you can develop over time.
- 10 Things All Businesses Should Do to Market More Effectively on Facebook
From Inside Facebook: Here are Inside Facebook’s top 10 ways business owners can more effectively leverage Facebook to reach their target audience and drive more business.
- How Search-Like Are Social Media Sites?
From Search Engine Land: Like search? Who doesn’t — great traffic, huge brand value and an audience ready to convert. Like social media? What’s not to like — huge growth, tons of buzz and an entire new marketing frontier that is opening up. For the search marketer looking at social…
- 10 Ways Social Media Will Change in 2009
From Read Write Web: Social media is morphing into a holistic experience that speaks to people’s social needs in new ways. If you are a CEO of a startup who is focusing on the next generation of social media, here are 10 areas you’ll need to take into consideration in…
- 5 Steps to Going Viral on Twitter
From Copyblogger: Review of 5 factors you need to take into account when trying to get your content to spread virally on Twitter.
- 17 Ways Forums Help You Become A Better Blogger
From Blogging Tips: The benefits of participating in forums from attracting new readers for your blog to uncovering ideas for blog posts.
- Learning From The Mistakes Of Kmart, Motrin and FedEx
From The Future Buzz: What you can learn from these 3 recent incidents in social media.